Qualified- Eastman Dental Hospital in September 1991
Registered Dental Hygienist – 4145
I am a registered Dental Hygienist who help’s Patients maintain their oral health by preventing and treating periodontal/Implant diseases and promoting good oral health practice at home.
I can undertake the following as I am trained, competent and indemnified:
- provide dental hygiene care to a wide range of Patient’s
- obtain a dental/social history from Patient’s and evaluate their Medical History
- complete periodontal examination and charting and use indices to screen and monitor disease
- diagnose and provide a treatment plan within my competence
- under take supragingival and subgingival scaling and root surface debridement using manual and powered instruments
- give home care for implants and provide treatment of peri-implant tissues
- carry out Oral Cancer Screening tests
- administer local anaesthetics by infiltration under the prescription of a Dentist.